Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
September 21, 2017, 07:17:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  This Forum, founded in 2007, will be shutting down this year.  We have had a really good run (10 years) and in that time have provided a forum to discuss issues important to all Bermudians.  Bunny  But social media now provides many more avenues to do that, and BIAW has outlived all other forums of its type, and sadly it too must fade into oblivion.  Bunny  Due to hackers known and unknown, in salvaging the forum countless times, I seem to have detached all the previous posts. I could probably recover them from backups but that's more effort than I want to do right now.  Bunny  You can create new topics and post to them, so feel free to post until the last hammer falls.  I'll try to make it our anniversary in October.  Bunny   So, in the immortal words of Douglas Adams...  "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlock old posts  (Read 197 times)
Wookie

Warm Fuzzies: 212

Awards:
Founding MemberA Bridge To NowhereChain YankerLost SheepTin Foil HatLoyal Member

« on: October 12, 2007, 08:39:16 AM »

Rain Travel can be a BLAST on a bike ... as long as you're careful.  My ride down the west side of Crawl this morning was interesting!
A couple tips for the uninitiated (a.k.a. Bike Newbies):

-  Always get behind a 4-Wheeler & stay in line with the wheel in front of you.  Sounds backwards right?  Well, if there is enough water on the road like today, the cager's tires (by design) pump out the water to give better contact with the tarmac.  Even REALLY big puddles get parted like the Red Sea & you can ride right through them!
-  Beware of and ready for Cross-Splash.  Vehicles hitting big enough puddles on the OTHER side of the road will wash over you.  Try not to freak out, like a young girl did this morning in front of me!  Poor little thing almost decked on the spot!

RANTS:
Morning driving is THE most hazardous part of the day.  Why?
4-Wheelers climb into their Death Wagons half-asleep, don't use Indicators, put on makeup, dial the cell phone or text, checking mail on Crackberries, etc.
More than once, I've resisted the temptation to bang on the window while Dawnika is glossing her lips or Deamirko is texting his mate ... just to lend my assistance, of course

And another thing ... Why is it that 4-Wheelers insist on driving in dimished light WITHOUT Lights on?  The standard response I hear is, "Vell, I could see FINE.  I dunt need no bleddy headlights!"
This morning, I counted 15 vehicles - cars, vans, HC trucks & BUSES if you can believe it - with only driving lights on.  Morons.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:46:31 AM by Wookie » Logged

Stupidity is not a handicap. Park somewhere else!
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 665

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:07 AM »

I agree...  bike riding is the worst!  But what's a guy to do?  In Bermuda the unwritten law is "Gal gets the car, guy gets the bike"

Another valid point against relationships!! Grin  ...  Oh Mrs. Hare, I didn't see you standing there, no I didn't mean it, it was jus chatter, NO NOT THAT!!!  Shocked

HL  Cheesy

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 607

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:13:34 AM »

And another thing ... Why is it that 4-Wheelers insist on driving in dimished light WITHOUT Lights on?  The standard response I hear is, "Vell, I could see FINE.  I dunt need no bleddy headlights!"
This morning, I counted 15 vehicles - cars, vans, HC trucks & BUSES if you can believe it - with only driving lights on.  Morons.

Were they GP cars? I thought that everyone knew that GP cars were able to see the road through nothing more than the divine intervention of Papa Doc's Holy Light.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Darkside
Dalek

Warm Fuzzies: 259

Awards:
One Ring

Does there have to be a reason?

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »

I agree...  bike riding is the worst!  But what's a guy to do?  In Bermuda the unwritten law is "Gal gets the car, guy gets the bike"

Another valid point against relationships!! Grin  ...  Oh Mrs. Hare, I didn't see you standing there, no I didn't mean it, it was just chatter, NO NOT THAT!!!  Shocked

HL  Cheesy

Mrs. Hare:  Harley Lewis you know the penalty for posting without my consent!
Harley Lewis: Oh no. Not the 'nose-in-the-book' penalty.
Mrs. Hare: Yeah, the nose-in-the-book.

Well done Ms. Hare!

“There are no facts, only interpretations.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
“Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
Buddha Bunny

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 10:40:06 AM »

Speaking of noses in books... Don't you have something you should be getting on with instead of hijacking Wookie's thread?? Bad DS!  Huh?

HL  Cheesy

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Starfish
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:10:05 PM »

HL  Cheesy

Exactly right Lewis!  Back in the very early days, I was drenched more than a few times before the unwritten law took effect in our household (had to learn how to drive first Tongue).  But then the law went into effect and all was well Wink  And now here in the USA it's sorta the same..."Gal gets the new car, guy gets the secondhand". Grin
Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 10:33:02 PM »

And who said "Guys rule!"  Lemme at him, lemme at him!!!

HL  Shocked

Admin
Administrator

Warm Fuzzies: 30

Awards:
Founding Member

Do or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »

xxx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: