Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
February 25, 2017, 06:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Welcome to Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  We feel our Forum, founded in 2007, is now more necessary than ever!  With increasing media censorship of reader comments, and the unfortunate demise of The Sun, BIAW continues to stand strong for truth, integrity, and free speech.  Bunny  Plus a little craziness!  Bunny  Please join us, and tell us what’s on your mind.  Bunny  Created in Bermuda by Bermudians for everyone who truly loves our Island.  Bunny  Officially sanctioned by the Emperor of Rabbit Island.  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blonde Ambition  (Read 60864 times)
Water Nymph

Warm Fuzzies: 138

Awards:
Done GoodHomesteaderPseudo-Alien HunterTin Foil HatShit Stirrer

« on: June 30, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

Well I never expected to be starting up a thread quite so quickly but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.  This is for anyone that feels they have a need to debate or dare I say mock the capabilities of those who are blonde as opposed to any other hair colour!  Us blondes will not take this lying down ... oops ... not a very helpful start  No-No!!!!!

Any way ... to get started ...

A stranger was seated next to a blonde on the airplane when the stranger turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.
The blonde, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger,
- 'What would you like to talk about?'
- 'Oh, I don't know, said the stranger. 'How about nuclear power?' and he smiles.
- OK, ' she said. 'That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first.
A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass - Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'
The stranger, visibly surprised by the blonde's intelligence, thinks about it and says,
- 'Hmmm, I have no idea....'
To which the blonde replies,
- 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know sh*t?'

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness ... it is generally the by-product of other activities"  -  Aldous Huxley

"Words form the thread on which we string our experiences"  -  Aldous Huxley
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 664

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »

Being married to a blonde myself, I'm exceptionally well qualified in this area...   and I'd just like to go on record as saying that it's not true that Blondes have more fun....  the truth is that the Blonde's attention span is so short, everything just seems new and exciting!!!!!

lmao

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
SmokingGun
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 1046

Awards:
Order of Rabbit Island10K PostsPig RoastFilm MakerShit StirrerAward WhoreAdventurerCopyright AwardWarm Fuzzie MittenGrassy KnollLoyal MemberWiseguyDone GoodPro Self ProtectionTin Foil HatWise ChoiceA Poet, Doncha Know It

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »

A most ambitious opening if I might say so myself.... especially given that it's an opening salvo with our resident nuclear expert Noel online. Noel can talk nuclear power and a load of crap. Start at the top why don't you! Rasta  

jnc

Warm Fuzzies: 522

Awards:
5K PostsFounding MemberGrassy KnollWise OneLoyal Member

KB 10522

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:23 AM »

our resident nuclear expert Noel 

Actually, RenMan really knows more about that (at least, the power generation side) than me...

Noel

"Be what you wish to seem." -- Socrates
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:57:58 AM »

Being married to a blonde myself, I'm exceptionally well qualified in this area...   and I'd just like to go on record as saying that it's not true that Blondes have more fun....  the truth is that the Blonde's attention span is so short, everything just seems new and exciting!!!!!

lmao

Well it must be a common fact that ANY human being's attention span will be short if the visual/verbal/mental/physical  stimulus on offer is tedious, badly presented, lacking substance etc.

You are generalising that blondes appear to "fizzle out" mentally rather more quickly than their friends with other hair colour.  The truth is we most likely do not ... we are perhaps just smarter at spotting whether a subject is actually worth pursuing and whether it has teeth (which is how I apply myself), and if it hasn't then move on quite quickly.  What is the point in flogging a dead horse?

Which brings me onto another point.  We have all heard the expression "blondes have more fun".  This is absolutely the case!  We (generalising here) know that life is too short and if something doesn't appear to deserve our attention we already are mentally looking for the next form of stimulus.  Hence the generalised perception that we have a short attention span ... which is a fair comment to debate in itself.

I cannot for the life of me explain why blondes have been singled out though ... clearly this needs further investigation if I am to be satisfied with my efforts.  I am trying to understand the generalised opinion that we are ALL dumb ... and to defend our corner if it is at all achievable.  Work in progress!

Whilst I appreciate there is a very high percentage of male membership on this forum and (generalising here) I expect quite a few attempts to derail me I would appreciate some sensible debate Hammer   Yes

I don't particularly want to be levelling sexist comments in retaliation to those I will no doubt receive (I'm ready for it!) and I'm more than happy to laugh at myself and my current predicament as I try and dig myself out of the crater I have already dug myself on the first day!

Oh well, as I said before ... if it's something I find stimulating and challenging I will pursue it, but I reserve the right to "fizzle out" if I'm not kept sufficiently amused by it and you  Big Smile

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness ... it is generally the by-product of other activities"  -  Aldous Huxley

Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 06:14:02 AM »

Actually, RenMan really knows more about that (at least, the power generation side) than me...

Noel

A most ambitious opening if I might say so myself.... especially given that it's an opening salvo with our resident nuclear expert Noel online. Noel can talk nuclear power and a load of crap. Start at the top why don't you! Rasta 

I am more than happy to learn more about nuclear power as I know so little about it.  I was perhaps a little hasty in initially picking on a subject matter I am not at this stage capable of discussing at length, but I am not embarrassed by it and certainly not trying to avoid it.  I would like to learn all about it but feel that perhaps the complexity of the subject would be too great to address online here.  Any suggestions?  I like to read a lot ... perhaps you could suggest something to get me started.

Oh ... and another thing ... I would be more than happy to beat the crap out of you over this and if you feel it warrants it I can briefly outline why your faeces will be taking the form that they do!!! lmao lmao lmao

Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »

Well this is all I could find for now!

http://rlv.zcache.com/blonde_intelligent_chick_sticker-p217458673107832383tdcj_210.jpg

Blankman

Warm Fuzzies: 1084

Awards:
5K PostsOrder of Rabbit Island15K PostsMisogynist10K PostsMost Popular TopicMost Prolific PosterPig RoastCan't Give A ShitCopyright AwardMost Time OnlineEvil TwinFounding MemberShit StirrerAward WhoreGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie MittenGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatSilence Is GoldenDone GoodPro Self ProtectionLoyal MemberConceited Pseudo-God

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:29 AM »

I used to think that drinking was harmful.  So I gave up thinking.
Blankman

Awards:
5K PostsOrder of Rabbit Island15K PostsMisogynist10K PostsMost Popular TopicMost Prolific PosterPig RoastCan't Give A ShitCopyright AwardMost Time OnlineEvil TwinFounding MemberShit StirrerAward WhoreGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie MittenGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatSilence Is GoldenDone GoodPro Self ProtectionLoyal MemberConceited Pseudo-God

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 06:59:23 AM »

For all the blonde wanna be's - be sure to use enough bleach ...

TheAverage1
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 110

Awards:
Founding MemberPro Self ProtectionSilence Is GoldenPseudo-Alien HunterLoyal MemberGoat Rider

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »

I am more than happy to learn more about nuclear power as I know so little about it.  I was perhaps a little hasty in initially picking on a subject matter I am not at this stage capable of discussing at length, but I am not embarrassed by it and certainly not trying to avoid it.  I would like to learn all about it but feel that perhaps the complexity of the subject would be too great to address online here.  Any suggestions?  I like to read a lot ... perhaps you could suggest something to get me started.

Oh ... and another thing ... I would be more than happy to beat the crap out of you over this and if you feel it warrants it I can briefly outline why your faeces will be taking the form that they do!!! lmao lmao lmao

For your questions around nuclear power - best to start with theory:

and for the apparent tendencies toward violence

Blahhh

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"Sometimes I wonder....'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?'.... and then it hits me."

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away"
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 07:16:38 AM »

For your questions around nuclear power - best to start with theory:

and for the apparent tendencies toward violence

Blahhh

Yep ... that was the initial guidance I was looking for ... some light bedtime reading  ROFL

Actually I am serious about learning more as I know so little about it ... as I admitted freely before (which I am sure you will agree does not uniquely apply to the blondes in this world!)  At least I have a desire to know more!  Big Smile

TheAverage1
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 110

Awards:
Founding MemberPro Self ProtectionSilence Is GoldenPseudo-Alien HunterLoyal MemberGoat Rider

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »

Actually I am serious about learning more as I know so little about it ... as I admitted freely before (which I am sure you will agree does not uniquely apply to the blondes in this world!)  At least I have a desire to know more!  Big Smile

Doing a power generation course myself at the moment. books.google.com is an excellent source - best of all it's FOC.  Yes

http://books.google.com/books?id=aMzuEby4fX4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=nuclear+physics&hl=en&ei=QWssTIeDB-bcsAaf3NSoAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

/TA1  Cool

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"Sometimes I wonder....'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?'.... and then it hits me."

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away"
Renaissance Man

Warm Fuzzies: 802

Awards:
10K PostsPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandBleeding Heart LiberalRight WingerAward WhoreWise ChoiceFounding MemberCopyright AwardWarm Fuzzie MittenLoyalest MemberPro Self ProtectionPC PoliceProtesterEnlightened OneGoat Rider

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

Noel

The subject is a little dry...

The best place to start, since you're in the UK, is to visit Calder Hall. Britain developed the first commercial power reactor there 60 years ago. Most of the world's installed base of nuclear power was developed through military programs, in order to make fissile weapons material, either directly or proxy.

Interestingly enough, nowadays it is the Canadian CanDu design which is becoming the preferred worldwide.  Safest and cheapest to fuel (it can use any radioactive material), but expensive to build initially due to the heavy water component. The UK is installing two >1GW units to take up base load.

Do a forum search for nuclear. We've got a bunch of posts and links to some of my tech papers (great cure for insomnia).

Warning: this user's posts are extremely likely to contain traces of sarcasm, satire, and intolerance for your willful ignorance.

Read at your own risk.
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:36:58 AM »

Noel

The subject is a little dry...

The best place to start, since you're in the UK, is to visit Calder Hall. Britain developed the first commercial power reactor there 60 years ago. Most of the world's installed base of nuclear power was developed through military programs, in order to make fissile weapons material, either directly or proxy.

Interestingly enough, nowadays it is the Canadian CanDu design which is becoming the preferred worldwide.  Safest and cheapest to fuel (it can use any radioactive material), but expensive to build initially due to the heavy water component. The UK is installing two >1GW units to take up base load.

Do a forum search for nuclear. We've got a bunch of posts and links to some of my tech papers (great cure for insomnia).

Thanks RenMan

Just a bit concerned about it being such a "dry" subject though ... you all know how I am about water!

Having said that Calder Hall is I think at Sellafield, Cumbria  ... helluva drive to get up there but at least the Lake District is only a stone's throw away.

Insomnia ... after last night I am now running on reserve cylinders and facing two hours at the gym this evening.  Maybe I'll just treat myself to a long hot bath instead with one of the recommended reads!  Moon

Blankman

Awards:

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 07:43:18 AM »

....  Maybe I'll just treat myself to a long hot bath instead with one of the recommended reads!  Moon

And if that isn't a suggestion that we should ask for pics ...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: