Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
March 28, 2017, 05:13:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Welcome to Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  We feel our Forum, founded in 2007, is now more necessary than ever!  With increasing media censorship of reader comments, and the unfortunate demise of The Sun, BIAW continues to stand strong for truth, integrity, and free speech.  Bunny  Plus a little craziness!  Bunny  Please join us, and tell us what’s on your mind.  Bunny  Created in Bermuda by Bermudians for everyone who truly loves our Island.  Bunny  Officially sanctioned by the Emperor of Rabbit Island.  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blonde Ambition  (Read 61840 times)
TheAverage1
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 110

Awards:
Founding MemberPro Self ProtectionSilence Is GoldenPseudo-Alien HunterLoyal MemberGoat Rider

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »

....  Maybe I'll just treat myself to a long hot bath instead with one of the recommended reads!  Moon

And if that isn't a suggestion that we should ask for pics ...

Imaginariums at the ready!

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"Sometimes I wonder....'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?'.... and then it hits me."

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away"
Water Nymph

Warm Fuzzies: 138

Awards:
Done GoodHomesteaderPseudo-Alien HunterTin Foil HatShit Stirrer

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:59 AM »

....  Maybe I'll just treat myself to a long hot bath instead with one of the recommended reads!  Moon

And if that isn't a suggestion that we should ask for pics ...

Imaginariums at the ready!

Oh not bad at all and not a bad likeness ... only my legs are longer and slightly more tanned  Yes

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness ... it is generally the by-product of other activities"  -  Aldous Huxley

"Words form the thread on which we string our experiences"  -  Aldous Huxley
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 664

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 08:19:23 AM »

I cannot for the life of me explain why blondes have been singled out though ... clearly this needs further investigation if I am to be satisfied with my efforts.  I am trying to understand the generalised opinion that we are ALL dumb ... and to defend our corner if it is at all achievable.  Work in progress!

Whilst I appreciate there is a very high percentage of male membership on this forum and (generalising here) I expect quite a few attempts to derail me I would appreciate some sensible debate Hammer   Yes

Sensible debate... well that'll be a short thread.  Here it is...  There is no difference between Blondes and other hair colours.  Any questions?

Now, how much fun was that?!!  Now, what you need to understand about BIAW NympH2o, is that sometimes threads just take on a life of their own, trying to make sense of them, or shoehorn them into a predetermined path is akin to herding cats!  Far better to give up this silly notion of serious debate and just let it all happen.  It's not that we can't have a serious debate here on BIAW, we had one once, back on October 17th, 2007... it didn't end well...  So join in where the thread goes, get your licks where you can, and hang on for the ride, I think you'll enjoy the ride...   Kill Me

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
TheAverage1
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 110

Awards:
Founding MemberPro Self ProtectionSilence Is GoldenPseudo-Alien HunterLoyal MemberGoat Rider

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »

'NympH2o'    Idea  lmao Brilliant BB... just brilliant.  Thumbs Up

BIAW - the home of witty banter.   Yes

WF to that.

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"Sometimes I wonder....'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?'.... and then it hits me."

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away"
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »

I cannot for the life of me explain why blondes have been singled out though ... clearly this needs further investigation if I am to be satisfied with my efforts.  I am trying to understand the generalised opinion that we are ALL dumb ... and to defend our corner if it is at all achievable.  Work in progress!

Whilst I appreciate there is a very high percentage of male membership on this forum and (generalising here) I expect quite a few attempts to derail me I would appreciate some sensible debate Hammer   Yes

Sensible debate... well that'll be a short thread.  Here it is...  There is no difference between Blondes and other hair colours.  Any questions?

Now, how much fun was that?!!  Now, what you need to understand about BIAW NympH2o, is that sometimes threads just take on a life of their own, trying to make sense of them, or shoehorn them into a predetermined path is akin to herding cats!  Far better to give up this silly notion of serious debate and just let it all happen.  It's not that we can't have a serious debate here on BIAW, we had one once, back on October 17th, 2007... it didn't end well...  So join in where the thread goes, get your licks where you can, and hang on for the ride, I think you'll enjoy the ride...   Kill Me

Oh it really wasn't my intention to steer the discussion ... though I appreciate I should have picked my words with more care there!  Guess I shouldn't be doing this when I'm so tired LOL!

I'm still wondering why blondes have been been the subject of such unfair amusement for so long though?  confused

Dang ... helluva ride I'm having on the "waterslide" today ... and just loving it!  Whack

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness ... it is generally the by-product of other activities"  -  Aldous Huxley

jnc

Warm Fuzzies: 522

Awards:
5K PostsFounding MemberGrassy KnollWise OneLoyal Member

KB 10522

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »

You are generalising that blondes appear to "fizzle out" mentally rather more quickly than their friends with other hair colour.  The truth is we most likely do not ... we are perhaps just smarter at spotting whether a subject is actually worth pursuing
Which brings me onto another point.  We have all heard the expression "blondes have more fun". This is absolutely the case!

OK, to be serious for a moment...

I'm not sure I'd believe any generalizations about people based on hair colour. There has been some recent news of some studies (the content of which I forget, alas - although if you really care I'll go try and dig it up) which found a slight linkage in something, but until I see actual data I'm going to classify all this as 'probably an old wives' tale' - and mostly likely they will be, is my guess.

Until real data is in hand, though, here's a point to consider the other way: you seem to be trying to say that blondes are more lively, and brunettes more dull? What about Italian/Spanish/Latino women - they hardly have a reputation as dull! And very few of them are blonde....

I cannot for the life of me explain why blondes have been singled out though ... clearly this needs further investigation

Well, here's a theory (emphasis to indicate how totally hand-wavy / out of thin air this is).

There is a perception that brains and beauty are somewhat exclusionary - and there may be some vague basis for this perception (i.e. not the underlying reality), in that if someone is gorgeous, they just don't have to work as hard (i.e. use their brain, even if they have a good one) to get places in life. So even if there is no actual negative correlation between beauty and brains (I would guess there is not), there might seem to be.

Now, add to that the taste of many guys to prefer blondes (why, I'm not quite sure, but paler skins/etc seem to be an attractor in many cultures around the world I can think of, as disparate as Japan and Easter Island, so there may be some underlying basis for that), and you have the outlines of a possible rationale: blondes are more beautiful, and beauty is negatively correlated with brains, ergo...

I would appreciate some sensible debate

Oh, we do do that too...

the crater I have already dug myself on the first day!

What crater? (No, that's not a joke... I honestly don't know.)

Noel

"Be what you wish to seem." -- Socrates
jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »

not a bad likeness ... only my legs are longer and slightly more tanned

Hmm, you seem to like to yank guys' chains?  Devil

It's not that we can't have a serious debate here on BIAW, we had one once, back on October 17th, 2007... it didn't end well...  

Was that a serious reference, BB, and if so, to what? (I'm too lazy to go look!)

'NympH2o'  Idea  lmao Brilliant BB... just brilliant.

Actually, to be fair [you can see the academic in me coming out here - proper credit, and all that :-], that was SG who came up with that one...

Noel

Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »

not a bad likeness ... only my legs are longer and slightly more tanned

Hmm, you seem to like to yank guys' chains?  Devil

It's not that we can't have a serious debate here on BIAW, we had one once, back on October 17th, 2007... it didn't end well... 

Was that a serious reference, BB, and if so, to what? (I'm too lazy to go look!)

'NympH2o'  Idea  lmao Brilliant BB... just brilliant.

Actually, to be fair [you can see the academic in me coming out here - proper credit, and all that :-], that was SG who came up with that one...

Noel

Not at all ... but I know it is the nearest description you really will ever need of me following yesterday's requests for some kind of visual "id"! Yes

Buddha Bunny

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »

OK... I guess this belongs here, and goes a long way to explaining why blondes get the reputation...

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »

I have a feeling you're gonna be swimmin' upstream here baby...

Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »

And last but by no means least...

bunny morph

jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »

Now, that was funny!

Noel

Darkside
Dalek

Warm Fuzzies: 259

Awards:
One Ring

Does there have to be a reason?

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

OK... I guess this belongs here, and goes a long way to explaining why blondes get the reputation...

now i would have hugged that way closer ... ah life is wasted on the young

“There are no facts, only interpretations.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
“Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »

Actually, being married to a blonde has its benefits...  today, boys and girls, is the Buddha Bunny's wedding anniversary...

I didn't remember....      but it's OK...    cuz 'The Blonde Girl' didn't remember either!!!!!!   Ain't life great!!!!  Thumbs Up

Darkside
Dalek

Warm Fuzzies: 259

Awards:
One Ring

Does there have to be a reason?

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »

And last but by no means least...

bunny morph

A warning to all don't pee on your iPod ...

“There are no facts, only interpretations.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
“Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: