Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
March 28, 2017, 05:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Welcome to Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  We feel our Forum, founded in 2007, is now more necessary than ever!  With increasing media censorship of reader comments, and the unfortunate demise of The Sun, BIAW continues to stand strong for truth, integrity, and free speech.  Bunny  Plus a little craziness!  Bunny  Please join us, and tell us what’s on your mind.  Bunny  Created in Bermuda by Bermudians for everyone who truly loves our Island.  Bunny  Officially sanctioned by the Emperor of Rabbit Island.  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally ... William and Kate to take the plunge!  (Read 27514 times)
SmokingGun
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 1046

Awards:
Order of Rabbit Island10K PostsPig RoastFilm MakerShit StirrerAward WhoreAdventurerCopyright AwardWarm Fuzzie MittenGrassy KnollLoyal MemberWiseguyDone GoodPro Self ProtectionTin Foil HatWise ChoiceA Poet, Doncha Know It

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »

Poor boy.... He should start shaving his head and bulking up. Maybe we'll have a King who looks like Putin running the show.... Cool

QILF.... LOL - have a wf.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:41:50 AM by SmokingGun » Logged
Water Nymph

Warm Fuzzies: 138

Awards:
Done GoodHomesteaderPseudo-Alien HunterTin Foil HatShit Stirrer

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »

Yeah ... whatever ... I knew I could rely on you lot...!  Blahhh

Great to have some happy news for a change though eh?  We sure as hell need SOMETHING to keep us distracted from the goings on in the "real world"!  Big Smile

I'm afraid this one truly brings out the romantic and royalist in me ...

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness ... it is generally the by-product of other activities"  -  Aldous Huxley

"Words form the thread on which we string our experiences"  -  Aldous Huxley
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 664

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 01:27:19 PM »

... and I could get royally romantic over Kate...   Love    Love    Love

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
jnc

Warm Fuzzies: 522

Awards:
5K PostsFounding MemberGrassy KnollWise OneLoyal Member

KB 10522

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »

Great to have some happy news for a change though eh?  We sure as hell need SOMETHING to keep us distracted from the goings on in the "real world"!

Yes, but it's going to be interesting to see how they balance the 'why are we spending a ton of money on this when people are hurting' versus the 'we all want to see it done right'.

From what I've read, I suspect that if it were up to William, they'd have a small ceremony somewhere quiet, but that's alas not in the cards!

Noel

"Be what you wish to seem." -- Socrates
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »

... and I could get royally romantic over Kate...   Love    Love    Love

Just a tad late there Buns!  Having said that it did take her ladyship 8 years to make up her mind ... would you be able to offer her a lifestyle any less daunting?   ROFLMAO

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness ... it is generally the by-product of other activities"  -  Aldous Huxley

32n64w

Warm Fuzzies: 253

Awards:
100 Page ThreadQuality Over Quantity1000 Post ThreadBrave PioneerShit StirrerDone GoodLoyal MemberGoat RiderProtester

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »

Kate's going to be quite a QILF.

... after being a PILF.

PLP - Non impediti ratione cogitatonis
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »

@ jnc

Well we all know there will always be a huge divide in opinion on how our monarchy should be seen to be celebrating its own personal (as well as the nation's) happy news.

Somehow I believe there would be an almighty outcry from the majority of us if Wills & Kate slipped oop north to Gretna Green to tie the knot ...

Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 606

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 01:45:24 PM »

Yes, but it's going to be interesting to see how they balance the 'why are we spending a ton of money on this when people are hurting' versus the 'we all want to see it done right'.

I can pretty much guarantee that they'll be a net benefit to the UK economy as a direct result of the Royal Wedding. The Government will take in a hell of a lot more money by way of the tourism and commercial potential of the wedding than it spends.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »

Kate's going to be quite a QILF.

... after being a PILF.

Whack  No-No  Big Smile

Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »

I can pretty much guarantee that they'll be a net benefit to the UK economy as a direct result of the Royal Wedding. The Government will take in a hell of a lot more money by way of the tourism and commercial potential of the wedding than it spends.

Agreed ... cynicism is to be expected with these kinds of headlines ... every single time!

Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 606

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 01:48:33 PM »

Somehow I believe there would be an almighty outcry from the majority of us if Wills & Kate slipped oop north to Gretna Green to tie the knot ...

They couldn't have a small wedding, even if they wanted to. There are constitutional conventions that govern State Weddings. Oh, and I know you were being flippant, but it's also interesting to note that they definitely couldn't get married at Gretna Green, as I believe that the wedding wouldn't be valid unless it was officiated by the Church Of England.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »

I suspect you're right, but that will have absolutely no effect on the usual bleeding hearts who will bleat on about 'why are we being mean and cruel to poor people while spending a ton of money on these rich layabouts'.

Noel

Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »

I suspect you're right, but that will have absolutely no effect on the usual bleeding hearts who will bleat on about 'why are we being mean and cruel to poor people while spending a ton of money on these rich layabouts'.

Noel

Quite ...

Erm ... jnc, would you like to expand on your reference to the Monarchy being 'rich layabouts'? 

jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »

the usual bleeding hearts who will bleat on about 'why are we being mean and cruel to poor people while spending a ton of money on these rich layabouts'.

would you like to expand on your reference to the Monarchy being 'rich layabouts'? 

I wasn't saying they are - was just mock-quoting the feeling of many of those who oppose the monarchy.

Noel

Water Nymph

Awards:

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 01:56:28 PM »

It's ok jnc, I understood you!  Innocent

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: