Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
February 25, 2017, 06:29:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Welcome to Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  We feel our Forum, founded in 2007, is now more necessary than ever!  With increasing media censorship of reader comments, and the unfortunate demise of The Sun, BIAW continues to stand strong for truth, integrity, and free speech.  Bunny  Plus a little craziness!  Bunny  Please join us, and tell us what’s on your mind.  Bunny  Created in Bermuda by Bermudians for everyone who truly loves our Island.  Bunny  Officially sanctioned by the Emperor of Rabbit Island.  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bernews...what gives?!?  (Read 2898 times)
widget

Warm Fuzzies: 122

Awards:
Done GoodHomesteaderBright Idea

« on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »

OK.  So I clicked on my (other) favourite Bermuda link and got --- a whole pile of website references --- No news.  nada.  zero.  zip.  NUFFIN Viking except those  Devil links. 

Anyone know what's happening over there?

Moderation.....in most things...
Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 606

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:53:54 AM »

Looks like their host shit the bed.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Blankman

Warm Fuzzies: 1084

Awards:
5K PostsOrder of Rabbit Island15K PostsMisogynist10K PostsMost Popular TopicMost Prolific PosterPig RoastCan't Give A ShitCopyright AwardMost Time OnlineEvil TwinFounding MemberShit StirrerAward WhoreGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie MittenGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatSilence Is GoldenDone GoodPro Self ProtectionLoyal MemberConceited Pseudo-God

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »

They did change hosts recently (last weekend?)

I used to think that drinking was harmful.  So I gave up thinking.
HarryTuttle

Warm Fuzzies: 36

Awards:
Goat RiderHomesteader

Have you filled out your 27 B stroke 6 form?

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »

They did upgrade some of their services last weekend (or the one before) - but this looks like much more than just a "down server".  Doesn't look good considering in some ways Bernews is becoming the e-moo of internet vs. print media.

Kind of reminds me about this link http://www.bermudaairport.com/ - someone dropped the ball on this one.  Great for those platinum period tourists hoping to get their flight information online.

At least they could have put a re-direct to this website: http://www.bermudaairport.aero/

Harry.

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow win. If these people would just play the game.
Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 606

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »

Well, my first thought had been domain-camping, but surely that's a bit of a rookie mistake?

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Jonathan Starling (aka Crimson Dynamo)

Warm Fuzzies: 251

Awards:
AdventurerDone GoodLoyal MemberAnti-Monarchist

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »

While it was down earlier, I seem to be accessing it fine now.

Freedom only for the supporters of the government, only for the members of a party – however numerous they may be – is no freedom at all. Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter.  - Rosa Luxemburg

'Crimson Dynamo' just kind of stuck; my real name is J. Starling.
HarryTuttle

Warm Fuzzies: 36

Awards:
Goat RiderHomesteader

Have you filled out your 27 B stroke 6 form?

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »

Down again...

It's been up and down like a toilet seat at a mixed party today...

Just checked the registration and it hasn't changed - so the domain is still valid for the hosting service.  So they must be having server issues.

Harry.

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow win. If these people would just play the game.
SmokingGun
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 1046

Awards:
Order of Rabbit Island10K PostsPig RoastFilm MakerShit StirrerAward WhoreAdventurerCopyright AwardWarm Fuzzie MittenGrassy KnollLoyal MemberWiseguyDone GoodPro Self ProtectionTin Foil HatWise ChoiceA Poet, Doncha Know It

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:55:10 AM »

It's what happens when you have your site hosted by Go Daddy.... can't take the heat and causes all sorts of headaches... Rasta

Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 664

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »

I hope you realize that BIAW is hosted on GoDaddy??!!!!....................

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
SmokingGun
Loyal Member

Warm Fuzzies: 1046

Awards:
Order of Rabbit Island10K PostsPig RoastFilm MakerShit StirrerAward WhoreAdventurerCopyright AwardWarm Fuzzie MittenGrassy KnollLoyal MemberWiseguyDone GoodPro Self ProtectionTin Foil HatWise ChoiceA Poet, Doncha Know It

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

Not the same Go Daddy..... no really, go... it's your tea break time.... Rasta
Letariatpro

Warm Fuzzies: 344

Awards:
Pig RoastCopyright AwardFounding MemberGrassy KnollLoyal MemberDone GoodWise ChoiceProtester

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »

lol GoDaddy is a nightmare sometimes.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 664

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »

I've been dealing with them for at least ten years and have had multiple site hosted there.  They have been hugely helpful in a crisis (such as the move of BIAW) and their 'uptime' is outstanding.  I wouldn't use anyone else.

The only weak area as far as I'm concerned is transferring hosting arrangements.  Domain Transfer is a breeze.

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: