Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
March 28, 2017, 05:04:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Welcome to Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  We feel our Forum, founded in 2007, is now more necessary than ever!  With increasing media censorship of reader comments, and the unfortunate demise of The Sun, BIAW continues to stand strong for truth, integrity, and free speech.  Bunny  Plus a little craziness!  Bunny  Please join us, and tell us what’s on your mind.  Bunny  Created in Bermuda by Bermudians for everyone who truly loves our Island.  Bunny  Officially sanctioned by the Emperor of Rabbit Island.  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370  (Read 20656 times)
jnc

Warm Fuzzies: 522

Awards:
5K PostsFounding MemberGrassy KnollWise OneLoyal Member

KB 10522

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »

Interesting map

Speaking of maps - and also of the cluelessness of the MSM - there was a particularly good one this morning.

Someone released a map showing an arc of a circle laid out over Eastern Asia - this seems to be an indication of an arc somewhere along which the plane was when it produced its last ACARS 'ping'. So some of the idiotic talking heads thought that this meant the plane had flown along that arc.

Clown Wanker Bang Head Kill Me

Noel

"Be what you wish to seem." -- Socrates
AMCAN

Warm Fuzzies: 276

Awards:
Loyal MemberHomesteader

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »

OMG Now they are investigating the fact a Uighur university professor was a passenger. Most are discounting Uighur involvement even though some unknown Uighur group has claimed they were responsible.  Face Palm
jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 02:50:50 PM »

Speaking of maps - and also of the cluelessness of the MSM - there was a particularly good one this morning.

It gets even better. CNN did a really nice segment which explained clearly and concisely where that arc came from, and what it meant.

Half an hour later, talking heads on CNN were yapping again as if that were a track, not an arc of potential location.

Don't these idiots even listen to their own channelBlue Face Palm

Noel

AMCAN

Awards:
Loyal MemberHomesteader

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

Don't these idiots even listen to their own channelBlue Face Palm

Noel

Hit The Nail Same thing last night with Anderson Cooper to asking questions that sounded like he wasn't listening so I hope it was his producer and not himself. To keep the whole show going they sound more every hour like they didn't listen. Thankfully, I can get away from CNN by watching the 24 Hours of Sebring.   
jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »

One piece of actual data I heard last night was that the big turn back to the West was made before the ACARS data {system} was turned off, and they did get one data packet that indicated that the turn was caused by an actual control input, not by the autopilot.

So now they are saying the ACARS data system was turned off as the flight went 'feet wet' leaving Malaysia, quite some time before it turned back. So how did theyknow the turn was manually commanded, supposedly on the basis of ACARS data? I wish these clowns would get their story straight!

Noel

Blankman

Warm Fuzzies: 1084

Awards:
5K PostsOrder of Rabbit Island15K PostsMisogynist10K PostsMost Popular TopicMost Prolific PosterPig RoastCan't Give A ShitCopyright AwardMost Time OnlineEvil TwinFounding MemberShit StirrerAward WhoreGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie MittenGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatSilence Is GoldenDone GoodPro Self ProtectionLoyal MemberConceited Pseudo-God

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 09:34:09 AM »

after a week of wildly fluctuating theories, the admission by Malaysia’s prime minister yesterday that the plane had been deliberately re-routed and flown for hours with communication systems switched off to disguise its flight path provided the most significant clues yet as to what might have happened. Mr Najib stopped short of confirming Flight MH370 had been hijacked.

Mr Najib said in a press conference: “Based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System was disabled just before the aircraft reached the east coast of Peninsular Malaysiapeninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off. From this point onwards, the Royal Malaysian Air Force primary radar showed that an aircraft which was believed – but not confirmed – to be MH370 did indeed turn back. It then flew in a westerly direction back over Peninsular Malaysia before turning northwest.”

The new information appears to rule out previous theories that the plane suffered a sudden mid-air explosion, catastrophic equipment or structural failure, or a crash into the South China Sea.

As a result, the search in the South China Sea was called off and operations concentrated instead on two huge corridors –- one to the north of Malaysia and stretching as far as Kazakhstan and the other to the west across the Indian ocean to Indonesia.

Prior to the press conference, a senior Malaysian military official told one news agency that investigators now believed the plane was commandeered by a “skilled, competent and current pilot” who knew how to avoid radar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

I used to think that drinking was harmful.  So I gave up thinking.
Blankman

Awards:
5K PostsOrder of Rabbit Island15K PostsMisogynist10K PostsMost Popular TopicMost Prolific PosterPig RoastCan't Give A ShitCopyright AwardMost Time OnlineEvil TwinFounding MemberShit StirrerAward WhoreGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie MittenGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatSilence Is GoldenDone GoodPro Self ProtectionLoyal MemberConceited Pseudo-God

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »

It turns out that a Texas company called Freescale Semiconductor technology had twenty employees on this flight.

Freescale develops components for hi tech weapons systems and aircraft navigation. Some of this aeronautical hardware produced by Freescale deal with radar blocking capabilities.

Having affixed my tinfoil hat firmly on top of my head, you have to wonder if this has something to do with those employees (twelve of them were from Malaysia).

...and from their website:

http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1907348&highlight=

jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 11:39:26 AM »

So the anchor on Fox last night (some person who normally hosts a special show, I forget her name) accidentally coined a neologism which I think is perfect: she was trying to say 'terrorism analyst', and it came out 'analysm'.

That's absolutly perfect: the networks are indeed all having analysms with this event.

Noel

cash bar

Warm Fuzzies: 166

Awards:
1000 Post ThreadDone GoodHomesteaderLoyal MemberTin Foil HatLocked Thread

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »

I think this is pretty much the go to site for this kind of stuff.  Endless hours of information and entertainment from  mostly the pros .

http://www.pprune.org/

As of this time   it wont take 5 seconds to locate the Malaysia Airlines thread.  And  well over  7 million views to date.

If you have time , look  for the photos  threads . Some amazing  stuff  here . 
AMCAN

Awards:
Loyal MemberHomesteader

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 06:47:58 PM »

Finally someone has come out with something that is more than speculation; the sequence in which the aircraft's systems were turned off could only be accomplished by a person(s) who had intimate knowledge of the entire aircraft and the skill to do it. The knowledge and skill required is beyond what 777 pilots are usually trained for and could have taken years of planning. Now considering the sophistication of the operation there are more experts believing the intent was to hijack the aircraft to some preplanned destination. If the aircraft crashed it wasn't the original intent.       
AMCAN

Awards:
Loyal MemberHomesteader

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »

CNN has regular segments showing various scenarios from a 777 cockpit simulator. The simulator is located at Ufly Simulator in Mississauga, Ontario. uflysimulator.ca The simulator isn't a 'full flight simulator' where the cockpit actually moves, the view out the cockpit windows move to simulate the movement.

Ufly is open to the public starting at $150 per hour for anything from fun to a pilot using it as a refresher. The $250,000 cost to Ufly is far less than $18M cost of a 'widebody full flight simulator' used by the airlines and some training schools.

Flight Deck Solutions that manufactured the simulator for Ufly manufactures all types of simulators down to a desk top type. Looking at the sophistication of the simulators available to anyone with $250,000 or less it's conceivable someone could get to 777 copilot level with minimal inflight training but with long hours in a simulator. Scary!

jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »

So now they are saying the ACARS data system was turned off as the flight went 'feet wet' leaving Malaysia, quite some time before it turned back. ... I wish these clowns would get their story straight!

So the latest version of the story is that version where the ACARS data system was shut down as the plane went out over the water is incorrect! What 'really' happened was that it made a scheduled transmission at that time, and was scheduled to make another one half an hour later, but failed to do so - but when exactly between those times it stopped, nobody knows.

These people are worse than the gang that couldn't shoot straight: they're more like the gang who, after blowing off both feet, also blew off their hands as well for good measure. I have stopped believing a damned thing they say - because they change it a day or two later.

Noel

Blankman

Awards:

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:26 AM »

If not for the courage of the fearless crew ...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:06:47 AM by Blankman » Logged

jnc

Awards:

KB 10522

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »

One piece of actual data I heard last night was that the big turn back to the West was made before the ACARS data upload ... was turned off, and they did get one data packet that indicated that the turn was caused by an actual control input, not by the autopilot.

Anndddd now they're back to saying they have data that indicates that the turn was deliberate - only now supposedly it was because someone altered the settings on the autopilot!

What I want to know was, if they last time they heard from ACARS was just as the 'plane was leaving the coastline... how did they find out that the turn was from an autopilot input? What other system would send out that kind of info?

Although I suppose the reports aren't necessarily in conflict: they could have been talking about the half-hourly ACARS reports when they said the last one they got was leaving the coast, and that they never got the next half-hourly one. Leaving open the possibility that they got an ACARS message about the autopilot, in between those two times. But they don't say that (or make that clear, if it is what happened).

And I haven't heard any astute reporter ask the question 'how did this data come from the plane'.

The way information is dribbling out, with it being passed from hand to hand, through reporters who don't really understand the technology, is, I think, responsible for a lot of this. They'd be better off having someone technical giving press briefings twice a day, so we could get it 'straight from the horse's mouth'.

And it's good to be reminded how clueless, inept and incompetent the MSM is.

Noel

32n64w

Warm Fuzzies: 253

Awards:
100 Page ThreadQuality Over Quantity1000 Post ThreadBrave PioneerShit StirrerDone GoodLoyal MemberGoat RiderProtester

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

From: http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-fire-2014-3

This Is The Most Plausible Theory For The Plane's Disappearance We've Heard Yet ...

PLP - Non impediti ratione cogitatonis
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: