Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
September 21, 2017, 07:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  This Forum, founded in 2007, will be shutting down this year.  We have had a really good run (10 years) and in that time have provided a forum to discuss issues important to all Bermudians.  Bunny  But social media now provides many more avenues to do that, and BIAW has outlived all other forums of its type, and sadly it too must fade into oblivion.  Bunny  Due to hackers known and unknown, in salvaging the forum countless times, I seem to have detached all the previous posts. I could probably recover them from backups but that's more effort than I want to do right now.  Bunny  You can create new topics and post to them, so feel free to post until the last hammer falls.  I'll try to make it our anniversary in October.  Bunny   So, in the immortal words of Douglas Adams...  "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Join Bermuda Is Another World!'s Facebook Group  (Read 371 times)
Mysty

Warm Fuzzies: 667

Awards:
Good Egg10K PostsPig Roast1000 Post ThreadOrder of Rabbit IslandDone GoodBlack ThreadCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberCopyright AwardGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie Mitten100 Page ThreadTop RecruiterGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatLoyal MemberBeaver FaceSilence Is GoldenAward WhoreGold KeyPro Self ProtectionPseudo-Alien HunterTin Foil HatVictim of Rapier WitFearless WarriorPseudo-PsychologistMost TopicsWise Choice

« on: October 11, 2007, 08:40:12 AM »

Dat bye from 'over dere' has a real big issue with criticism!  He can't take it, period... no matter how insignificant it is.  I told him a couple of times I didn't like his new emoticons, so did the Rumster and a couple others, and last night he dug up an old post of mine where I complimented him on the new general layout for his board.  WTF that has to do with emoticons I don't like, I'll never know!  I mean, anyone can see that they are no improvement over the old ones... which we now use.  Why didn't he simply ask what everyone else thought...?  Ohhhhh... dat bye's gonna be shocked when we go live!!!  Grin Shocked 8)

Over the past week I think about 5 or 6 people, maybe more, have quit the site...  I do hope we get some of the more moderate PLP supporters to come over here as well to balance things out.  8)

But we still don't know how our 'Bermuda is Another World' board is gonna go over... should be really interesting watching it grow!!!  Grin

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one!"
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 665

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:04:21 AM »

I must admit, on my last visit, it was only for a minute, and I didn't pay that much attention to the Smileys.  They appeared to be the "Classic" set, as opposed to the "Default" set he was using, and that we use.  I did consider them, but they were on the "greenish" side for my taste, poor little fellas looked sick, so I passed on them.

HL

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:11:30 PM by Hare Lewis » Logged

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 607

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:25:30 AM »

Well, I'm absolutely done over there, for the reasons I stated.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 02:36:11 AM by loki » Logged

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Buddha Bunny

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 02:14:35 PM »

Yes Loki, I feel the same.  Instead of emailing me back when I emailed him about not knowing why I was in the tank, he simply ignored me, and then started trashing my accounts, which of course led to among other things my postings and being in the tank for a week.

HL

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Darkside
Dalek

Warm Fuzzies: 259

Awards:
One Ring

Does there have to be a reason?

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 02:45:23 PM »

Ah Lewis was doesn't kill you makes you stronger ... and a better adversary for me ... KILL THE WABBIT!

“There are no facts, only interpretations.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
“Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »

Ah Lewis was doesn't kill you makes you stronger ... and a better adversary for me ... KILL THE WABBIT!

Kiss my Cottontail!!!  Angry

HL  Cheesy

Rufus T. (Uncle Elvis) Firefly III

Warm Fuzzies: 576

Awards:
Pig Roast1000 Post ThreadCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberStorm WatchPanacheShit StirrerGrassy KnollHistorical AccuracyWarm Fuzzie MittenNo IEFishing For An AwardNot Really Sure WhatStrawmanSilence Is GoldenAward WhoreDone GoodFirst 100 Page ThreadBroken PencilLoyal MemberVictim of Rapier WitProtesterProtest ReporterWise ChoicePseudo-NarcissistCahooter

Captain Curple: Award Whore

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

You know where to find me, now...
I'm just going to leave it at that.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Jim Downey "Billy Madison
Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 607

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »

How come I can't give 'warm fuzzies'? I tried to dish to my my main man, Elvis, but to no avail!  Angry

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Darkside
Dalek

Awards:
One Ring

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »

10 posts and you can Lokes ... I'll give UE one now from you and one from me later!

TheOnion

Warm Fuzzies: 22

Awards:
Founding MemberLoyal Member

Anti-inflammatory, but may cause eye irritation!!

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »

Well, I'm absolutely done over there, for the reasons I stated. I know it comes across as being rather crass and attention-seeking to 'announce' your departure, but I had stood on the sidelines watching decent people get repeatedly insulted and treated like errant children, thrown in the tank for - despite what the admin claimed - simply pissing off the admin. The proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back', was a combination of the debacle involving the apparent reading of PMs and the fact that I was insulted by the admin in a thread in which I had no involvement. Rather than simply say, "sorry, it wasn't meant as an insult", the response was, "well, if the insult fits you....."
My sentiments are the same. I assumed that PM meant Private. It’s good to see some of the people whose opinions I valued made it to this forum. I found it easier to just walk away.

"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish."  Douglas Adams
Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »

Well you are more than welcome here.  You'll find I think this will be a different experience, we hope you like it.

HL  Cheesy

Darkside
Dalek

Awards:
One Ring

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »

Well you are more than welcome here.  You'll find I think this will be a different experience, we hope you like it.

HL  Cheesy

It might even be Another World ... welcome TheOnion ... Fuzzie to you.

Buddha Bunny

Awards:

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

So... is that what we are... AnotherWorlders?  Huh?  BWAA HAHAHAHAHA  Grin

HL  Cheesy

Casual Observer
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »

I believe the term Extra-Terrestrial is more PC Lewey... (not that being PC has  ever mattered to you!)  Kiss
Mysty

Warm Fuzzies: 667

Awards:
Good Egg10K PostsPig Roast1000 Post ThreadOrder of Rabbit IslandDone GoodBlack ThreadCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberCopyright AwardGrassy KnollWarm Fuzzie Mitten100 Page ThreadTop RecruiterGotta Getta LifeNot Really Sure WhatLoyal MemberBeaver FaceSilence Is GoldenAward WhoreGold KeyPro Self ProtectionPseudo-Alien HunterTin Foil HatVictim of Rapier WitFearless WarriorPseudo-PsychologistMost TopicsWise Choice

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »

"Extra-Terrestrial"... now you're talking.  And I've met a few of them here, too!   Grin 8)

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: