Bermuda's Most Popular Discussion Forum
August 20, 2017, 08:49:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Bunny  Bermuda Is Another World.  Bunny  This Forum, founded in 2007, will be shutting down this year.  We have had a really good run (10 years) and in that time have provided a forum to discuss issues important to all Bermudians.  Bunny  But social media now provides many more avenues to do that, and BIAW has outlived all other forums of its type, and sadly it too must fade into oblivion.  Bunny  Due to hackers known and unknown, in salvaging the forum countless times, I seem to have detached all the previous posts. I could probably recover them from backups but that's more effort than I want to do right now.  Bunny  You can create new topics and post to them, so feel free to post until the last hammer falls.  I'll try to make it our anniversary in October.  Bunny   So, in the immortal words of Douglas Adams...  "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"  Bunny

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Join Bermuda Is Another World!'s Facebook Group  (Read 298 times)
Chiltern Hundreds

Warm Fuzzies: 607

Awards:
5K PostsQuality Over QuantityPig RoastOrder of Rabbit IslandCopyright AwardFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenExit PlanLoyal MemberMaster of Dark ArtsAbout-FaceGoat Rider

"Fuckety bye."

« on: October 11, 2007, 09:44:45 AM »

Yes, I know, it's one of the most overused phrases, but I'm not sure whether there's any other way to adequately describe the plan by London's Tower Hamlet's Council to dig up 350,000 graves in order to provide space for a new Muslim burial ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=487017&in_page_id=1770

Can you imagine the wave of bombings that would probably ensue if a Muslim burial ground were to be dug up to make space for a Christian graveyard?

Nuts..............

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to go fuck yourself".
Buddha Bunny
Hopping down The Path to Enlightenment

Warm Fuzzies: 665

Awards:
Pig RoastCan't Give A ShitFounding MemberWarm Fuzzie MittenSlewmeisterGrassy KnollPro Self ProtectionProtesterSt. Patrick's Day MassacrePseudo-BuddhistWise ChoiceGoat Rider

I am beginning to awaken.

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:22:53 PM »

As probably everyone knows, I'm not a huge fan of Political Correctness.  Sure there are times when it is absolutely called for, but then others, like in your example when it's over the flippin' top.  I think what I hate most is like now when they're re-writing history (as in digging up graves) to make PC retroactive!!!

HL  Angry

We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world.
Admin
Administrator

Warm Fuzzies: 30

Awards:
Founding Member

Do or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »

Three years ago I started a Facebook Group for Bermuda Is Another World!  Now that this forum is closing, perhaps you might like to give the Facebook Group a try.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1507683142778314/

Hope to see you there!

Admin
baileys bay

Warm Fuzzies: 178

Awards:
AdventurerLoyal Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »

sorry this valuable recourse is closing, though I do understand there is a considerable time commitment on the part of Admins...so THANK YOU for all the hours of work on members behalf. It is not unappreciated, though certainly unrewarded!

I'd love to join you all on facebook but don't have a presence on same and like to keep it that way, google already knows too much about me.

Thanks for all the fish!
cash bar

Warm Fuzzies: 166

Awards:
1000 Post ThreadDone GoodHomesteaderLoyal MemberTin Foil HatLocked Thread

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »

Not on facebook  either .  No interest in any of that  crap at all .
But I mentioned this a few months  back and  I'm  more curious than  ever .  If at any time of the day you  go to the  BIAW  homepage and scroll to the bottom to see how many people are on line / viewing  there's  often  more than  40+   people and NO  registered members listed , and it's been that  way  for many months now .
WTF  are they  looking at ?  I can't access anything  without  logging  in  and even then it's minimal  to say the least . Who are these people and what are they able to look at ? ?   
AMCAN

Warm Fuzzies: 276

Awards:
Loyal MemberHomesteader

BTA
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »

Obviously there are some still reading something here so hopefully this will be of interest to some. From social media postings by various BTA staff during AC they attended many parties, enjoyed fine wine & dining, luxury accommodations and more. Granted some of it would have been part of their job BUT is their "significant other" being included considered part of their job? If not, how does BTA staff reimburse taxpayers?
AMCAN

Warm Fuzzies: 276

Awards:
Loyal MemberHomesteader

BTA
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

How many BTA staff have jobs outside of BTA and/or have a company doing work for BTA or the government? How large is BTA deficit after all the AC partying? What is BTA doing to keep tourism active for balance of the year? Rumour has it that prebookings are down!
jnc

Warm Fuzzies: 522

Awards:
5K PostsFounding MemberGrassy KnollWise OneLoyal Member

KB 10522

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »

sorry this valuable recourse is closing, though I do understand there is a considerable time commitment on the part of Admins...so THANK YOU for all the hours of work on members behalf. It is not unappreciated, though certainly unrewarded!
Thanks for all the fish!

Ditto to all that.

(Sad all my old posts are gone, though - I was trying to look one up, and now I can't...)

Noel

"Be what you wish to seem." -- Socrates
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: